Comet stack in mono

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Comet stack in mono

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dv_stranger)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

if I'm lucky tomorrow I'll be able to capture comet C/2017 K2 as it passes M10. Can I also capture here with a mono in RGB, and then stack that? Since the comet is moving, I have concerns here. I have only ever captured comets with an OSC. So it would be the first time with a mono.

In such a case, does it make sense to always record in R, G, B, R, G, B, R, G, B, etc.? Usually I always record several shots from one filter, but here I would have to switch through the RGB filters, wouldn't I?

Or can I easily take 10 x 60 sec. red, 10 x 60 sec. green, 10 x 60 sec. blue?

Or better 1 x 60 sec. red, 1 x 60 sec. green, 1 x 60 sec. blue and start again?

What makes sense here so that APP gets a good image from all the data?

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think that's possible, however it will depend on the relative movement the comet has in your FOV. That will dictate how much it moves in between shots. If you're able to calculate that speed (or if it's known) and calculate how fast it moves over your pixels, it can tell you if that's possible or that you get misalignment on the comet itself. Wouter has notified Mabula so if he answers he may have some idea about it as well.

ReplyQuote
(@arcticbikelife)
Hydrogen Atom

I tried to shoot comet c/2022 E3 ZTF in mono last night. I registered them in the comet mode. However I can not normalize the LRGB files so I can't open them in combine RGB. Is there a solution?

ReplyQuote
Share: