UPDATE FROM MABULA
I have had a very rough 2 months unfortunately health wise. I was struck 3x in a row with bacterial infections. The second infection occurred after a routine hospital checkup and I became very sick. I had to rest and take a lot of antibiotics. Once I was recovering and restarting work 1 month ago, I again became sick. The infection was not yet gone, so even more antibiotics and rest was needed. Needless to say, it took a lot of my energy and I needed a lot of rest.
Finally, the infection is really gone and my energy is coming back step-by-step now and I have started work again. I am terribly sorry to have kept you waiting for support. I will address all outstanding questions and e-mails step-by step and will be on the forum daily from today.
APP 2.0.0-beta47 will come soon as well, a lot of work was already completed before I became very ill, so the release is also nearly ready for you. Beta47 will be much faster actually. Many workflows will be more than 2x faster, mosaics can even be 10x faster than before because registration really received a major boost... all compared to beta46. Before I release it, I will make sure that everything is working properly and then I will release it.
holy smokes... it does not allow me to continue
w
HEL
P??
Look, guys, and @Mabula, I understand. Any advance in software means it has to be polished. I get it. My request here is an option to go out of the warning message. I'm stuck. I cannot avoid it, and the only option is to force to close the app, losing all the fits (which are also very elaborate, mixing various nights and flats, darks, and biases...). I would like an option to go out of the warning message cycle or an option to save the fit images scheme and to go back to it if the app needs to be closed.... Thank you. Héctor
You seem to get a few issues with these latest BETA versions, so why are you updating your system,?? just wait until the version 2 is not longer in BETA, when any software is in BETA stage there is going to be bugs to iron out that is the whole point of BETA and it should not be used by people who can’t afford to have any issues, so best to stick to the full none beta version for now
Hi Hector @hcdv,
Thank you very much for sharing your issue.
From your screenshots, I see that you are trying to process both Multi-Narrowband (L-extreme filter) data with regular RGB data, right? I think all issue are caused by that. What settings are you using in 0) Color Settigns for demosaicing the data? I think that to process L-extreme data and RGB data, you actually need different settings in 0) Color Settings or not?
What happens if you first process only the L-extreme data to the stacks that you need/want with the correct settings in 0) Color Settings. Then process the RGB data with correct settings in 0) Color settings to pleasing stacks. Finally combine all in the RGB Combine Tool. That should make it work without any issues or complications.
The error that you are getting seems to indicate to me that there is both narrowband/monochrome and also RGB/multi-channel data entering the normalization engine. Of course the bug should be fixed and I will try to do that, i have added this issue to my list to solve.
Can you possibly upload a smal dataset that produces this issue?
https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/
username: uploadData
password: uploadTestData
Please make a folder with your name and issue like: Hector-NormalizeSNR-issue
and upload the data there and let me know once uploaded.
Thanks for sharing this issue.
Mabula
You seem to get a few issues with these latest BETA versions, so why are you updating your system,?? just wait until the version 2 is not longer in BETA, when any software is in BETA stage there is going to be bugs to iron out that is the whole point of BETA and it should not be used by people who can’t afford to have any issues, so best to stick to the full none beta version for now
Dear, how is a Beta going to improve if it is not proved? Maybe you got me wrong. Im not complaining... im testing a Beta in real scenarios... Because i want Astropixel Processor to be the best and my main stacking software...
@mabula-admin You are right... I thought i could mix different data. I dont think it was the l.extreme...but some luminance in grayscale
Can we do something to allow to this data to be mixed?
Also, I changed the option to continue on errors... but the same thing happened.and put me into the circle of troubles.... Anyway, i think if there is an option to allow to save sets of data (lights, darks, biases, etc) would be very helpful...
Keep on the good work @mabula-admin you are doing great
HI Hector @hcdv,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback.
Of course, I want to fix all these issues. It would really help if you can upload your data so I can actually test and solve these problems efficiently.
Can you possibly upload a smal dataset that produces this issue?
https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/
username: uploadData
password: uploadTestData
Please make a folder with your name and issue like: Hector-issues
You don't need to upload all the data, maybe only upload 5 frames of all the different filters/mono/RGB and the calibration masters. That should be enough for me to test, identify the problem and then fix it.
Mabula
@mabula-admin for some reason i can login here, but on the https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ i cannot.... any help
beta40 was scrap. This warning is normal in beta 40. Use another one! We are at beta44 in the meantime!
Then my next request to @mabula-admin will be...can we have an update app message every time a new version is available? And maybe for the ones were testing the betas... the new betas version in case we sign for it?
To be honest, the beta40 was the first "beta" which was not useable for me. The APP "beta" are in my opinion more or less stable releases 😉 As far as I read this forum, Mabula has changed / rewritten several "big things" in the code from beta39 to beta40, so it was clear that there maybe some obstacles. But beta 40 is not downloadble anymore (because it was not usable), nearly all of the other versions are still there to download, if someone wants to go back to another version.
But yes, in the case of beta40 a message maybe via email would have been a good thing. Not all follow this forum frequently as I do.
Maybe an "Auto Update" checkbox under a "Preferences" tab would be better than e-mail. 😉
Hi all,
Please upgrade to 2.0.0-beta45 that was released yesterday.
Beta45 solves a couple of reported problems with registration/aligning the images. Indeed, beta40 was a problem. Beta39 was very big update with a complete new registration engine. Beta45 has solves a the reported issues with that that we know of. In all of our testing on many datasets. beta45 is very stable and robust. We are definitely very close to releasing 2.0.0.
Any more beta's will only solve clear bugs that will be reported.
Once 2.0.0 is released, we will also work on an internal auto-update function in APP. That is definitely better than email, because not everyone appreciates that these days.
Mabula
