Combining data from...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Combining data from OSC/Mono - calibration failures

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@scott44)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi - probably doing something wrong here but I can't get past Normalisation when trying to work with data shot with an OSC and Mono (using latest 1.083.3 stable release).  I've split the OSC data into separate RGB channels and then load these as separate session from the RGB data captured with my mono camera.  I've selected its not the same camera/optics but regardless whether I chose Normal or Mosaic registration when it gets to Normalisation it fails.  One set of data was shot at 510mm FL and the other at 410mm FL so not extermely different. Latest error is:

Encountered error in module:
ImageNormalizer

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

Cause:
n.a(Unknown Source)
n.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

Any ideas?  Am I doing something that is not possible?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yep, this is due to APP not being able to process both mono and RGB at the same time. We are going to make this possible. Would indeed be nice if this was more obvious instead of giving an error. Anyway, you can combine them, but you need to first create mono R, G and B files using the "split channels" option in tab 2.

ReplyQuote
(@scott44)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent - thanks for the quick reply but as stated I did split the channels in tab 2.  I then loaded these as R,G and B as session 1 and then loaded R, G and B as session 2 from my mono camera.

ReplyQuote
(@scott44)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Solved it - I had the Force Bayer checked on the 0 tab.  AFter switching that off all went through.  Maybe something to add a check for in future rather than crashing.  Thanks anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Woops, I totally skipped over that you already did that. Must be because this is such a re-occurring question. Apologies. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: