Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How far to process an image for mosaic?

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@michel82)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello guys/girls,

i'm working on my first mosaic. Well i'm about to finish the 1st of 4 panels, the other 3 I will make when weather clears up again. But how far do I process the mosaic? 

My general plan is to capture and extract HA with a dual band filter (ASI294 mc pro with Optolong L-eNhance filer) and make a 4 panel mosaic in HA. Then i'm making an OSC RGB mosaic of the same target and separate R,G and B. Finally I will combine the 4 (r,g,b and HA) complete mosaics with the RGB combine tool.

My first question is, would it be better to stitch the RGB mosaic first and then, when it is complete, separate the R,G and B channel. Or is it better to split the R,G and B per panel and stitch them afterwards (so run the mosaic option in APP 3 times)?

Second, how far do I post process a panel before running the mosaic through APP? Do I, after integration of the first panel, take away any stack artefacts and/or light pollution? So I get the cleanest result when stitching all the other panels? Or do I leave it as the original integration and do the lightpollution removal at the complete end after stitching all the panels? 

I couldn't find the answers to this on the forum and in the tutorials (since the tutorials are already awesome clean data).

Cheers,

Michel 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

On your first question, I would say to make the panels first by processing the RGB and NB fully (make them as nice and corrected as possible), add the NB to the R, G, B, do some processing again to make it nice and save the panel as RGB and do this for each panel. Then run the mosaic and post process again in a similar way. There are multiple ways to approach this though like you mentioned. But making the data as nice as possible at each step is, I think, a good idea. It will make the data cleaner for the next step.

Michel Sw reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: