DSS masters with AP...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

DSS masters with APP?

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@dtc1999)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I am finishing my free trial of APP, I love it and going to purchase. I have a lot of old data that was originally stacked with DeepSkyStacker and I would like to stack again with APP to see the results.

A good portion of my older data I no longer have the calibration files (darks, flats, bias) as they were deleted to save hard drive space, only saving the master calibration files created with DeepSkyStacker.

My question is it possible to use those master files with APP? I tried a few days ago and received an error message. APP is very new to me and I am not sure of all what the program can do yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm afraid that won't give you very nice results even if it would work. The way DSS calibrates is likely very different. You could try to use you calibration files you do have (bias, darks maybe) and see how far you can get the old data. Maybe the flats do still work? If not, go without and try the light pollution correction tool. Thanks for buying it, much appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Share: