Request that you do...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Request that you don't throw up a dialogs mid-process that interrupt them, but you ask beforehand if possible.

4 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@readyjetty)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

When I want to align color channels, I need to separately save the calibrated frames.  But when I do this, after setting the save directory and hit go, it goes off and starts stacking the bias, flats, darks and it seems to be happy.  But I come back an hour later and, ooops, nope, it put up a dialog box (I think it was verifying I wanted them saved into the directory or something, sorry I didn't take a screenshot).    It hadn't even started calibrating the lights.   I've been caught with this particular one a half dozen times, it always fools me because the masters take some time to build, so I think it's got what it needs...

How do I avoid the need to babysit the process?  Can it be configured to not do this, or can I answer the question up front?

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Steven Miller

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

This is indeed the behavior at the moment, but we have noted this as an issue and will work on improving this. This also happens during stacking and for a long process can be annoying. So we're going to make this better in a future version.

ReplyQuote
(@dheyergmail-com)
White Dwarf

Also APP needs to just skip over a file that can not be registered. I usually run any big stacks at night and it really sucks in the morning when the process stopped because one image failed to register.

ReplyQuote
(@dheyergmail-com)
White Dwarf

Many improvements in the newest beta 29, but disappointed that APP still stops processing for registration errors. If an image can not be registered set the weights to horrible numbers and the image is not added to the stack if the "lights to stack" is set to less then 100%. APP has the ability to not integrate images with bad weights, use this weight system to remove images that can not be registered.

Send me an alpha version of APP that can continue on a registration error and I am happy to test with the many Pacific Northwest bad transparency mixed with clear astro images I have.

Daniel

ReplyQuote
Share: