Unistellar FITS do ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Unistellar FITS do not debayer correctly

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@lucacheli)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am currently using APP 1.083.4 and I had no problems stacking FITS from Unistellar smart telescopes using "Force Bayer/Xtrans CFA" and setting RGGB as pattern (as per Unistellar instructions), but after their latest firmware and app update, if I load such a FITS directly in APP, all I get is a sort of "all green" image without any detail of stars or other celestial objects.

ZWO FITS Viewer is able to debayer such FITS and save them as TIFF files that I can afterwards ingest in APP, but clearly this is impratical for the high number of 4 seconds shots produced by the Unistellar telescopes.

I understand that the first port of call should be Unistellar, but since for them "raw files" are provided as is and without support (stacking in external software and postprocessing is not belonging to what they see as the mainstream business for their telescopes), I would like to know if you can have a look at one such FITS file and see if you can do something about this issue.

Thanks

P.S.

Siril is able to correctly open the file.

This topic was modified 1 week ago by lucacheli

ReplyQuote
Share: