Calibration Problem

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Calibration Problem

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@skanker)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello from Austria!

I'm having a problem calibrating my data. On my last project I shot lights with a Canon Ra connected to an ASIair. The data was saved as FITS. I was only able to record the calibration data in the camera's CR3 format.

In APP I can create the masters without any problems, but they don't correct the lights.

If I switch from "raw" to "calibrated" in the window, nothing changes even though I have assigned the masters to the lights!?

Can't FITS be calibrated with CR3?

CS Gernot

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Gernot @skanker,

That is a problem yes that has to do with image dimensions in both the FITS and CR3 format. They will probably be different and this is because AsiAir is cutting of the raw border of the CR3 data and putting that in the FITS files for capture. And the resulting FITS files will have smaller dimensions then the CR3 raws which still contain the raw border. Without knowing the cropping offsets that asiair does internally, we can not solve nor fix this. If you know the offsets, then we can fix this with the batch crop tool to make the images compatible and have calibration working on the correct pixels in the lights.

As a general rule it is good to keep in mind : always shoot calibration data in the same file format with the same software and same software version as your lights to prevent unexpected results.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@skanker)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin 

Hi Mabula!

Thanks for the explanation. I was able to immediately identify the problem with the image sizes in the APP. Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, I was unable to record the calibration files after the session. I will now try to create the data retrospectively with the ASIair. Please keep your fingers crossed for me 🙂

Greetings from Austria

Gernot

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Okay excellent Gernot @skanker, I will 🙂 !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: