Weird distortion un...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Weird distortion unless using mosaic (not using FAT32)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@wimdelen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Since a couple of months, I have been getting very weird integration results on some (not all) stacks ... The stacked result looks a little bit like a fisheye lens picture.

There must be a setting which I changed, but I have no idea what. It is not the problem with the FAT32 filesystem, and I have been getting many good results with no problems in the past.

When I change the registration mode to mosaic, the problem seems to be solved, but the stack still has a small barrel shape, if you look at the corners. It doesn't matter if I add calibration files or not, and I have the problem with all my equipment, be it corrected telescope pictures, or camera with normal lens like in the pictures I attached.

Does anybody have an idea what kind of setting could cause this behavior?

Edit: a test with DSS with the same files resulted in a completely normal stack with small alignement drift

Problem stack

APP Distortion

Stack with mosaic registration:

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Wim Delen

ReplyQuote
(@maxthebuilder)
Red Giant

I also get these distortions occasionally. 

Sometimes they are very strange and sometimes even amusing.

Sometimes switching to mosaic helps.

Sometimes enabling or disabling dynamic distortions helps.

Sometimes selecting a different registration reference helps.

ReplyQuote
Share: