Registration baffle...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Registration baffled again

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tmitrou)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I thought I had solved this problem by reducing the number of stars that were analyzed and in fact it did solve the problem during a previous imaging session. But its back again and has really got me confused. Especially because the data I am using I took a year ago and it processed and registered fine. I just wanted to add some data to it from this year. The only difference is the version of the software that I used a year ago. Basically, I get good star analysis with star score around 500, the images register ( in other words, don't fail to register) but then I get essentially the two images together as if they were not registered at all. I have attached the three images. I have tried all the usual things - have been using APP for several years - and only recently started having this problem. I am using the latest beta version ( 29 ). I have spent too many hours being frustrated with this. Any help would be wonderful.

image 2
Imaage 1
combined

ReplyQuote
(@anofeles)
Main Sequence Star

I had the same problem a few months ago. Read this thread to find the answer, especially the last post.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/app-fails-to-detect-register-stars/#post-27593

I hope you have luck and it gets solved for you too.

ReplyQuote
Share: