Problem generating ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problem generating master flat

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@michaelejones)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

Just trying my very first data reduction with APP and run in to a problem... Loaded up lights, biases, darks and flats and hit calibrate. Biases and darks produce nice master frames but the flats stops with an error:

Index 16458626 out of bounds for length 16453632 in NormaliseCFAChannels

and no master flat is produced. 16453632 is the (full) size of my sensor (4992x3296, Fuji X-Trans in a Fuji X-T10 camera) so why is it trying to read/write outside that array size? Can't get any further without a flat calibration...

Thanks in advance for help.

ReplyQuote
(@michaelejones)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Should add that I'm using V2.0.0-beta22 on a Mac M1. Tried beta20 and the same problem.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@michaelejones Hi Michael, did you use the same software for the flats as for the calibration data? If not then that may be the cause.

ReplyQuote
(@michaelejones)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yes, I used the same software for everything - have also tried using different data sets (but all from the same camera) - can't avoid this error in making the master flat.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Would you be able to upload the calibration files (also for bias/darks) to our server? I can then investigate.

ReplyQuote
(@michaelejones)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Uploading the data now - just three of each of flats, darks, biases and lights, hopefully this is enough to show the problem.

many thanks,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Apologies for the delay, I just ran your provided data and it worked fine. What APP version are you using?

ReplyQuote
(@michaelejones)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm using 2.0.0-beta22 (Apple M 64-bit on a MacBook Pro M1). I was initially using pretty much the default settings for everything. I found a workaround which is to select Calibrate -> MasterFlat -> normalize=none. Any other option for normalise leads to the problem I described.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Strange, like I mention I had no issues. So with the data you send to the server, that exact data, you also get this issue? Just to be sure, reset the settings in the CFG menu on the top left of APP for all tabs, preferences are now saved by default so you may have a settings that's still on something different perhaps?

ReplyQuote
Share: