2022-05-11: APP 2.0.0-beta 1 has been released !!!
Download links per platform:
Color pixels in final result
Someone else posted about this 2 weeks ago and I have not seen a solution to this.
This occurred in the previous and now latest version of APP. This does not happen with other processing software I've used, so I know it is in APP.
What settings did you use in APP? What camera and setup do you use?
Camera: STT8300M, Baader RGB filters, Scope SVS130.
First let me say that the pic. I posted was after following Sasse's video tutorial - using a master bias and dark from PI. Just to make sure this was not the reason for failure, I went back thru the tutorial once again, this time feeding it raw bias and dark frames.
This time, no problem. Why this is I don't know. If I process the whole image in PI with its master files, I don't see these anomalies.
If I just stick to using APP, guess I'll be OK 🙂 Sure is easier to use than PI!
Ahhh, yes that makes sense then. The calibration files from PI can't simply be used in APP as well as APP has a different calibration engine. So it might be APP didn't actually use them for your lights and that's what you see (hot pixels).
I'm afraid I don't see it. A master dark fits file should be a standard readable file usable by any software that conforms to that standard.
If APP didn't like it for some reason, it should have spit out an error and not gone any further. No calibrations were done in IP. I simply used the dark and bias files.
Well, what if PI isn't making a "standard" calibration file? They could be compatible, but the difference might be that APP is using the entire sensor area and PI is not. Using the entire area can be concidered the standard way as many professional camera's are processed like this as well. However, some packages are not using the entire sensor area and this can cause issues where they are not compatible when you process the raw light frames via APP and the calibratiuon masters from PI. I'm not 100% sure if PI is doing that though but it wouldn't be uncommon.
edit: Ah, correction, this will be an issue mainly with consumer grade camera's like DSLR data and such. Your camera should actually work. This is interesting to investigate then, could you send the masterdark processed in PI and the masterdark processed in APP for us to compare?
Not to worry. APP works fine. I'm happy so far with it.
(see my edit, would be great to compare those darks)
And could you check the dimensions of a light frame and that of the masterdark? They should match exactly.
Sorry, too big. I'm on a metered Internet service (microwave). I did note that APP's dark is 33.270MB and PI's is 33.323. Could be just header differences. I'll look later.
Ok no problem, the actual pixel dimensions should be the same. And you can always load in a light, double-click to show in the preview window, then load in the masterdark and bias and such, then select "L-calibrated" on top of the preview window. This will immediately show if your light is calibrated using those masters and what happens to that one light. Very handy as it's quicker then to wait for the entire integration. If the masters are assigned to your light, you will see this in the list next to each light frame, it shows up with MD added to each light frame line.