Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

HaRGB stacking

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@najeebbukhari04)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello guys,

I have a 600D modified and have both RGB and Ha data taken from different filters. Can APP stack them if I add the Ha data and select them as Ha? 

Sorry if its bit of a nooby question. Only getting into adding narrowband to RGB.

Regards,

Najeeb

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No problem, you can ask whatever question you'd like. 🙂

You can stack them indeed, but APP isn't able to fully go through the entire process because you want to combine 3-channel with 1-channel data. This will be possible in a future version.

For now, you can either load in the RGB data (the subs) add calibration data and then in tab 2, all the way down, there is an option called "split channels". First calibrate and then save the calibrated frames with split channels switched on. That will produce calibrated, R, G and B data. For the Ha-data you need the "Extract-Ha" algorithm in tab 0, if you select that and then load the Ha data, you'll have that immediately. I'd save that with calibration as well in tab 2 (switch off split channels). Then you can load this data in again as lights and assign them to R, G, B and Ha (APP does this automatically). No need for calibration data now anymore, so you can continue to integration. In the end you'll have integrated R, G, B and Ha data which you can combine in the RGBCombine tool.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffreyhorne)
Red Giant

@vincent-mod hey vincent, I have a question about this. 

I’m also combining hydrogen-alpha (from a dual-band filter) with RGB (from an IR cut filter)…all from my OSC camera. 

I was planning on integrating the “RGB/IR cut” subs normally, and the dual-band filter subs using “extract hydrogen alpha”. I’d then separate out the RGB channels from the integrated IR cut/color image, and use RGB Combine to create an HaRGB image (assigning Ha as the extracted hydrogen-alpha data from the dual-band filter.)

Will this basically produce the same result as the method you mentioned above?

I just want to make sure that I’m doing this the best way that I can. 

Thanks!

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Basically yes, in the method I describe you're first getting all mono data and then you load all those in again and let APP go through the registration and integration like normal.

ReplyQuote
(@timjburgess)
Hydrogen Atom

@vincent-mod   hi Vincent, I have been doing RGB stacking from my OSC with APP for some time, but also now wanting to start combining with data from an L-Extreme filter (from my OSC), same as @jeffreyhorne above.

I read numerous threads and thought that you could do this WITHOUT having to separate the RGB channels via "split channels", i.e. by just combining 2 sets of data (RGB and H-a) using RGBCombine.

Am I misunderstanding something (highly likely I know...)? many thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can yes, but they do need to have the same bit-depth and dimension/registration, so for that part you do need to register/normalize them against each other.

ReplyQuote
Share: