Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problem combining RGB channels with Ha in Combine RGB Tool

8 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I am either doing something wrong or trying something that does not work in APP.

I am imaging the Rosette Nebula with two sets of captures, all with the same scope, camera (ASI294MCP), exposure, gain, bin, offset, temp.

For one set of lights captured with an Optolong L-Pro, I spit the channels into R, G, and B in the Calibrate tab and integrate each separately.

I integrate a separate set of lights captured with a 7mm Ha filter.

When those 4 integrated channels are loaded in the Combine RGB tool, it gives the error message that the frames are not the same size.

The size of all raw light frames is 4144x2822.

The size of the split channel RGB frames is 4136x2814 and their separate integrations size is 4131x2819.  

The size of the integrated Ha frames is 4143x2843. I have tried different algorithms in Tab 0 for the Ha frames but get the same result.

(If I integrate the OSC frames without splitting out the channels the size of the integrated result is 4138x2827.)

Is there anything I can try to be able to get my Ha channel to line up with the RGB channels in the Combine RGB Tool for it to work?

Thanks,

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhart You can load the R, G, B and Ha integration results as lights in tab 1 (do not load any calibration files) and then go to tab 4 and click the Register button. When done, click the Save Registered Frames button at the bottom of tab 4. Those you can load into the Combine RGB tool.

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for the reply.  I will follow that and save the Registered files at Tab 4 and try again.

Is the following procedure basically correct for preparing the 4 channels for the Combine RGB Tool?:

Tab 0

RGGB

Airy Disc

Tab 1

Untick Auto-detect Masters & Integration (other boxes unticked too)

Load the 4 integrated (and calibrated) R, G, B, and Ha files as lights

Don’t load calibration files

Tab 2 Don’t need calibration because all files are already calibrated

Tabs 3 and 4 as usual

Tab 5

At the bottom of the Normalize panel under save normalized frames:

Click to apply registration to frames

Set Save Directory to know where they will be.

Click save normalized frames button.

These will be the 4 channels to load in the Combine RGB Tool.

Tab 6 Optional

Can do an integration of all 4 channels if desired to create a synthetic luminance

Set the parameters as usual

Set Save Directory to know where integrated file will be

Can click to integrate

Creates a single integrated file that can be used as a luminance.

Thanks again,

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhart In general you can leave all at their default values. APP will sort it out by itself. 

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Wouter,

I think the process I was following did not get the registration done properly.  To do that correctly I understand that I should stop after Tab 4 and take those four registered channels to the Combine RGB Tool as follows:

Tab 1

Untick Auto-detect Masters & Integration (other boxes unticked too)

Load the 4 integrated (and calibrated) R, G, B, and Ha files as lights

Don’t load calibration files

Tab 2 Don’t need calibration because all files are already calibrated

Tab 3

Tab 4

At the bottom of the Register panel under save registered frames:

Set Save Directory to know where they will be

Click save registered frames button.

These are the 4 channels to load in the Combine RGB Tool.

I followed this and the Combine RGB Tool worked great.

Thanks again,

Jeff

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhart Glad you figured it out. Once again, though, you don't need to untick any boxes in tab 1. 

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi,

Another question about preparing the integrated channels for the Combine RGB tool.  Should they be normalized after being registered, or just registered for loading in the RGB tool?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jhart I would suggest to normalize them, yes. 

ReplyQuote
Share: