Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Bayer CFA and drizzle versus combine RGB  

RSS

(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
March 18, 2020 21:25  

Hello,

First of all, THANK YOU so much for this new version 1.077. The pleasure of processing our images is all the more pleasant.

I am validating a procedure to obtain the best possible treatment for color images produced using a camera whose  Bayer pattern is RGGB.

After having realized the "split channels" of my color images and in order to obtain the best "realize / ideal noise reduction ratio (ratNR)", I used the zero tab "Bayer CFA" where I used the following parameters and continued processing until integration:
* RGGB Pattern
* Adaptive Airy Disc Algorithm
* Force Bayer CFA

For stacking, I got the best results with "bayer drizzle 1.0" and "droplet size 2.59".

Thus, I obtained for each filter (R, G, B) three channels each having their own "ratNR".

For the combine RGB, I did some tests by considering all the channels R-c1, R-c2, R-c3, G-c1, G-c2, G-c3, B-c1, B-c2, B-c3 or by not considering only one channel per filter is the one with the best "ratNR" (eg, R-c2, G-c2, B-c1).

At this point, I wonder what is the best or the best strategies to test to take advantage as much as possible of the captures of our color images.

Is there a tutorial on this?

Tanks in advance and Have a nice day,

Max

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Max Surlaroute

ReplyQuote
Share: