Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Bayer CFA and drizzle versus combine RGB  

RSS

(@maxsurlaroute)
White Dwarf Customer
March 18, 2020 21:25  

Hello,

First of all, THANK YOU so much for this new version 1.077. The pleasure of processing our images is all the more pleasant.

I am validating a procedure to obtain the best possible treatment for color images produced using a camera whose  Bayer pattern is RGGB.

After having realized the "split channels" of my color images and in order to obtain the best "realize / ideal noise reduction ratio (ratNR)", I used the zero tab "Bayer CFA" where I used the following parameters and continued processing until integration:
* RGGB Pattern
* Adaptive Airy Disc Algorithm
* Force Bayer CFA

For stacking, I got the best results with "bayer drizzle 1.0" and "droplet size 2.59".

Thus, I obtained for each filter (R, G, B) three channels each having their own "ratNR".

For the combine RGB, I did some tests by considering all the channels R-c1, R-c2, R-c3, G-c1, G-c2, G-c3, B-c1, B-c2, B-c3 or by not considering only one channel per filter is the one with the best "ratNR" (eg, R-c2, G-c2, B-c1).

At this point, I wonder what is the best or the best strategies to test to take advantage as much as possible of the captures of our color images.

Is there a tutorial on this?

Tanks in advance and Have a nice day,

Max

This topic was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Max Surlaroute

ReplyQuote
Share: