We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme... so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.
[Closed] Astro Pixel Processor 1.050
Astro Pixel Processor 1.050
- FIXED, windows installer is now code signed with an EV certificate.This should have solved the installation problems of APP with Norton Security/Anitvirus or other security software installed and/or Operating Systems that don’t allow installation of an untrusted application (Windows 8 and higher). If you were experiencing these problems, please contact me at email@example.com to have your 30-day TRIAL license restarted.
- Fixed, removed null pointer exception in preview filters 8bits,16bits,32bits which could sometimes pop-up while browsing quickly through the frames in the frame list panel.
- Fixed, BPM creation, in 1.049 the statistics method used was not appropriate to determine the standard deviation/noise in the darks for creation of a good Bad Pixel Map. Bad columns weren't detected especially.
- Improvement, BPM creation, added hot column detection for CCD sensors. This will significantly improve the handling of hot columns in calibration. First image: masterdark of 5 darks of a QHY16200 CCD camera showing bad/hot columns. Second Image: BPM of the same 5 darks without hot column detection, notice that 2 of the columns are only partially picked up as hot/bad pixels. Third image: BPM of the same 5 darks with hot column detection, notice how the bad columns are picked up completely now.
- Fixed, FITS loader, fits files created by EasyCAP of QHY don't follow FITS conventions at all for TIME and DATE (of exposure) TAGS. These files can now be loaded however with a correct interpretation of the date of capture. Previously, an error popped-up.
- Improvement, when loading a Bad Pixel Map into the image viewer, it's always loaded with the Black point at 0, White Point at 255, Gamma at 1 and all DDP settings are ignored. So the previewfilter will always load the Bad Pixel Map with fixed settings.
- Improvement, mosaic registration needs some adjustments of default settings in most cases, APP will ask the user about the following settings to be altered or not and why: disable "same camera and optics", enable "dynamic distortion correction", increase "scale stop" to 10 at least.
- Improvement, during long tasks (i.e. star analysis, registration, normalization, integration) the console panel is popped-up after 5 seconds, but it's no longer forced to the foreground for the remainder of the task.
- Added, the possibility to use JPGs as light frames and calibrate, register, normalize and integrate them is added by request. ONLY DO THIS WHEN YOU DONT HAVE any other option like FITS, TIFF or RAW files for data collection. USING JPGs must be considered as a last resort possibility. JPGS have compressed and non-linear data (in most cases) so using JPGs as light frames or calibration frames is not recommended at all.
- FIXED, in data integration, an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException could occur if the user tried to integrate calibration frames that didn't have the same image dimensions. Frames that don't have the same image dimensions should never be integrated for calibration purposes. This error is now caught and the user is warned. Then the integration is cancelled cleanly.
- FIXED, user interface image viewer, while zooming in/out on an image with the left/right mouse button, APP now immediately releases memory and stops the current image resampling task. The effect is that zooming in/out is smoother now and won't consume as much memory and cpu cycles as it used to.
- FIXED, image viewer modes l-c-registered, l-c-r-normalized, user can now correctly use equirectangular projection if calibrated projective registration mode was used.
- UPGRADE, 2-view registration, introduced 4 different distortion models in the best registration hypothesis expansion fase. Depending on the amount of optical distortion, APP will increase the model from 1-4. Models 3 and 4 will only be used in case of very significant optical distortion. So APP will only upscale the model if needed. This will give you much more robust results in case of extreme optical distortion. For instance with focal lengths shorter than 50mm.
Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions