Subs Instantly Regi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Subs Instantly Registered and Normalised

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@gnomus)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I may have found another bug.  

Today I was stacking some subs for a mosaic.  So I stacked all my Blues and used Bias, Dark, Flats and a Bad Pixel Map (B D F BPM).  Once the integration is complete my light frames are accompanied by the following codes: B D F BPM CA STAR REG NORM.  All is perfectly normal so far.  Now I am going to stack teh next set of subs.  I am using the same Bias, Darks and BPM masters.  So I go back to the 'LOAD' tab.  I hit 'all - clean - all' next to 'light' to clear out all my light subs.  Then I remove the old flat master and the previous integration, so that I only have a BPM, a master dark and a master bias.  I add my new set of lights, and then load the new master flat.  At this point, my lights all now read 'B D F BPM STAR NORM'.  I cannot trust this, obviously.  So now what I have to do is 'all - clean - all' for the lights and reload them.  All is now good with just 'B D F BPM'  next to my light frames. 

If I load all the masters before loading all the light frames, then this 'B D F BPM STAR NORM' malarkey doesn't happen.  So I can make it all work as it should.  However, it would be nice not to have this potential 'gotcha' in the system.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Steve

Today I was stacking some subs for a mosaic.  So I stacked all my Blues and used Bias, Dark, Flats and a Bad Pixel Map (B D F BPM).  Once the integration is complete my light frames are accompanied by the following codes: B D F BPM CA STAR REG NORM.  All is perfectly normal so far.  Now I am going to stack teh next set of subs.  I am using the same Bias, Darks and BPM masters.  So I go back to the 'LOAD' tab.  I hit 'all - clean - all' next to 'light' to clear out all my light subs.  Then I remove the old flat master and the previous integration, so that I only have a BPM, a master dark and a master bias.  I add my new set of lights, and then load the new master flat.  At this point, my lights all now read 'B D F BPM STAR NORM'.  I cannot trust this, obviously.  So now what I have to do is 'all - clean - all' for the lights and reload them.  All is now good with just 'B D F BPM'  next to my light frames. 

If I load all the masters before loading all the light frames, then this 'B D F BPM STAR NORM' malarkey doesn't happen.  So I can make it all work as it should.  However, it would be nice not to have this potential 'gotcha' in the system.

@gnomus,

Thanks again, I have been fixing several issues like this in the upcoming version 1.057.

Indeed, it has to do with backing up processing details, restoring and cleaning up the data. To do be sure, I'll check this behaviour first thing tomorrow, so I am sure it's fixed in the next release.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

After you have them all loaded, one idea might be to ignore the suffixes and just do calibration like you normally would have to do first anyway, and you should see that they have been updated to just CA?

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp - Admin
Posted by: Steve

@gnomus,

Thanks again, I have been fixing several issues like this in the upcoming version 1.057.

Indeed, it has to do with backing up processing details, restoring and cleaning up the data. To do be sure, I'll check this behaviour first thing tomorrow, so I am sure it's fixed in the next release.

Cheers,

Mabula

@gnomus, thank you very much Steve 😉 

@gregwrca, thank you for suggesting a temporary workaround 😉 

I have located the issue and it will be fixed in APP 1.057.

Internal tracking of calibration, star analysis, registration and normalization parameters was off for frames that had no parameters at all. The marks showed up nevertheless when other frames had parameters due to a bookkeeping error in my code.

The fix now also properly updates the marks for the calibration frames if you remove a master frame using the right-mouse button menu in the frame list panel.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: