Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Noise Reduction

8 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
13.3 K Views
(@carlesa25)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello: On the question of the reduction of the noise made in lack, or I do not find, a specific tool that allows to treat the final noise of the image, the Calibrated Background helps in the reduction of the noise ...? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @carlesa25,

A tool for noise reduction is not yet present, but I will introduce this soon 😉

I intend on noise reduction that you can control on several scales. This will also apply for a separate sharpening tool, which will come as well.

Mabula

Frank reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foschmitz)
Neutron Star

Hi Mabula, here too I would be very interested in this feature. Do you already have an approximate idea on when this feature will become available? 

All the best Frank

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Frank @foschmitz,

Will try to include it in 1.060 (which will be a big ugrade !), otherwise it will be 1.061 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@foschmitz)
Neutron Star

Awesome! Keen to try it out! 

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@explorer7377)
White Dwarf

Hi Mabula,

I loaded the 30 day trial about three weeks ago, and about to purchase, and still have not seen an announcement concerning a noise reduction tool, sharpening tool or potentially masks (in work flow, after integration and registration, after combine or to utilize after stretching just prior to taking non-linear and possibly again after non-linear.

Is this upgrade going to be made available soon or has it just recently been released?

Thanks,

CJ

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi CJ @explorer7377,

Sharpening is part of the preview filter on the right already 😉

But a special and separate sharpening/smoothing tool will come and also noise reduction and deconvolution.

I will try to introduce these new features soon and step by step. ( my ToDo is very extensive in this regard ).

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@explorer7377)
White Dwarf

Mabula,

I'm sure the list grows daily! No worries as you are doing a great job getting this tweaked. I am a huge fan of the program and cannot wait to see what comes next!

CJ

ReplyQuote
Share: