Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Normalized data

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@pcyvr)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

After calibrating and normalizing a stack of subs, I opened one of the subs and the "l-c-r-normalised" view.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see (haven't been using APP for long) but was surprised by the bands of different colours running across the image.  Can someone confirm if this is expected?  I didn't see any trace of these bands in the final integration (also attached). 

SADR l c r normalised St
Sadr lpc cbg St DeNoise small

This topic was modified 3 years ago by pcyvr

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm having trouble seeing the first picture, could you try uploading it once more?

ReplyQuote
(@pcyvr)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I just updated the original post.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you! Ok, so that doesn't look familiar to me. It should be the linear, calibrated, registered and normalised mode. I guess you had all calibration files  etc. loaded?

ReplyQuote
(@pcyvr)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I had a MasterBias, MasterDark and BPM loaded.  I think I've narrowed things down.  If I select HaOIII-Color for the algorithm at Step 0 and Bayer/XTrans Drizzle for the integration mode in Step 6, I get stripes on the normalized data...

SADR RAW 16 1x1 300s 014 St HaOIIIColor BayerDrizzle

But selecting HaOIII-Color at Step 0 and Interpolation for the integration mode in Step 6, everything looks OK...

SADR RAW 16 1x1 300s 014 HaOIIIColor NoDrizzle

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah, thanks for testing that. That might be an issue and I'll forward that to Mabula.

edit: Just had a discussion and this is in fact normal. It may not be super informative, but it shows the drizzling in effect per frame basically. The fact that some regions have less data is exactly why drizzling also causes a bit more noise. That's how the algorithm works and you'll get different patterns when you change the droplet size for instance. I don't use it often and never really tried this view in particular, which is why I didn't recognize it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@pcyvr)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks so much for looking into this.  Good to know that this is expected behaviour.  

ReplyQuote
Share: