Error message while...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error message while using Fujifilm RAF files

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

While loading RAF files taken from x-t20 camera, I got the following error message:

"LibRaw 201910 snapshot can't open/read this file...

Can't read the file string using the system's locale character set..."

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem? 

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol Which version of APP do you use? Mabula has tested the support of RAF files for many cameras including yours so with APP 1.080 and higher is should work. See

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/camerasupport/fujifilm-raf-tested-camera-models/

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I know it is supposed to work.

I'm using version 1.082

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol OK just making sure that you're using the latest version 🙂 Can you please upload one or a few raw files to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

using username and password upload3 please? Create a directory ofergol_fuji_x_t20 and put the files in there and we will have a look. Many thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

OK. I uploaded just a few files. the problem happens with any number of files.

Thanks

Ofer

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, this seems to be an interesting issue as I can load the frames without a problem. Can you @wvreeven ? Apparently something to do with libraw, but to my knowledge this should be included in the APP distribution. Did you change anything regarding the APP installation?

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

No. I made no change.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@vincent-mod, @ofergol for me also no problem to load the images into APP. Ofer, what operating system are you on?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol I just had a thought. Can you try to load one of your files and then minimize the APP screen? There should be a console window behind it. Can you copy and paste here any error message visible in the console? Perhaps that helps us to resolve this issue.

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm on windows 10.

i get this error message:

error

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Here is the error message behind the APP screen:

error message

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol The problem happens because of the name of the directory in which the LIGHT directory is placed. Please rename that using only ASCII characters or make sure you use an UTF-8 encoding instead of a Windows encoding.

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

solved!

Thanks a lot 👍 

ReplyQuote
Share: