Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

NPE in 1.083

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Encountered error in module:
ImageNormalizer

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
n.a(Unknown Source)
n.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

Not sure if it's new or old. Registration is on comet. Didn't see it when all light frames were selected, but when selected only each 4th I got this.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Could you explain the steps you were taking while processing? What kind of data etc as well? Was this APP 1.083?

ReplyQuote
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

This is older data I was saving waiting for 1.083 to come out hoping for better comet processing.

Camera: ASI294MC Pro Bin1 mode (11mp)
80 subs, master dark/flat/bias frames selected.

Used all the default settings except:
- Calibrate: align channels
- Register: user dynamic distortion correction and register on comet
- Normalize: neutralize background & no under/overshott = on
- Integrate: average with MAD rejection, 4th degree LNC @ 3 iterations.

Press "Integrate" - get the integration image.

Went back and deselected 3 of each 4 frames (i.e selected 1st, 5th, 9th etc frame) and click "Integrate" - get NPE. Tried doing registration and neutralization as separate steps then press "integrate" and get NPE stack dump again.

Normalization step executes but when pressing "Integrate" get

Encountered error in module:
ImageNormalizer

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
n.a(Unknown Source)
n.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@mseningmail-com I see that you are using master files and not raw calibration files. What version of APP were they created with? And do you still have the raw calibration data? If yes, do you get the NPE with those as well?

ReplyQuote
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Those master files were created in 1.83_beta1. I still have the original calibration subs.
The key factor here seems to be whether all light subs are selected or a subset of them.
Checking with raw calibration files...

ReplyQuote
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Oh and wanted to confirm something: I got an impression that if both individual dark frames are selected AND master dark, when integrating/calibrating the darks seems to be applied twice, so I got into habit of stopping the integration process, deselecting individual frames and leaving only masters checked and then integrating again. Am I correct in that if both individual darks AND master dark is selected they both will be applied in calibration?

ReplyQuote
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

It didn't barf when I added individual darks and bias frames! So you are onto something. Let's log a defect? I'm sure this can be handled more gracefully than NPE.

ReplyQuote
(@ddnum)
Main Sequence Star

I got this error doing comet processing. I think it's something to do with making masters at the same time as comet processing because when I did my processing using masters already created it worked fine.

ReplyQuote
(@maximastrophoto-com)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

It’s the opposite for me: works with masters created in the same sessions but breaks with old master created in 1.83beta1

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think it's best when we have a look at some of the data that causes the NPE, if you know a small subset that always causes it you can upload it to our server;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and for the username and password, use: upload

Create a directory named “mseningmail-com-cometNPE” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Share: