Master Calibration ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Master Calibration Frames for OSC Narrow Band Algorithms - Optolong L-eXtreme Filter use

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@j1will)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

When I run pure Ha and Oiii algorithms on my OSC frames because of using the Optolong L-eXtreme filter, can I use the same master calibration frames from the first run of Ha for example when I do the second run for Oiii or should I have APP re-create the master calibration frames for each run when using the narrow band process to get to the calibrated light frames?  I'm not sure the Ha algorithm verses the Oiii algorithm has any impact on the calibration masters or just affects the calibrated lights?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@j1will Hi John, APP will use exactly the same calibration frames so no need to create new ones. Simply run APP with the extract Ha algorithm selected in tab 0 and, when done, select extract OIII in tab 0 and return straight to tab 6 to click on the Integrate button and you’re set. 

Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: