Integrating unfilte...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integrating unfiltered OSC with Dual Band filter OSC Data

7 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@darknebula)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello everyone 🙂 This is my first forum post since joining the APP family. I had started AP last March and I mainly use trackers (Skyguider Pro and SWSA) with an Ha modified Z6II and L-extreme/L-enhance/Ha/OIII filters.

Now I had some North American Nebula Data shot with an L-enhance filter with a stock D850 and on another night some data shot with an Astronomik OIII filter with the Z6II. Can I integrate both these data sets together? and if so which demosaic algorithm should I use?

I have extracted separate Ha and OIII channels using both  Ha/OIII extract algorithms before but thought this way I can get both data from different sensors registered and scaled into one integration instead of doing it manually in PS!

cheers

Kullumm reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@darknebula It isn't possible yet to load RGB and dual band data and then to have the RGB data integrated as RGB and the dual band data integrated with extracting Ha and OIII at the same time.This will be added to a future version of APP though.

In the mean time, you need to process the RGB data separately from the dual band data and extract Ha and OIII as you have done before. When done you can load the RGB, Ha and OIII integration results as lights in tab 1 (don't load any calibration data) and then go to tab 4 and register the three files against each other. Then still in tab 4 you can save the registered frames. Those registered frames you can then load into Combine RGB in tab 9 or an external tool to combine them as you see fit.

ReplyQuote
(@darknebula)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you for clearing that up.

Cheers 

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star

@darknebula I used to run in to the mono vs color problem when extracting Ha and OIII (mono integrations) and trying to integrate with my OSc camera data in the beginning. If the end result is a color image, you can ignore the need to extract Ha and OIII and also use the standard adaptive airy disc debayering algroithm and integrate all subs together. I did this when the main goal was the OSC color image, but with added Ha and some OIII detail from the filter, and the RGB star color remained. In some cases with filter data only, the Ha-OIII color debayering was a little better, but often not much that is easy to discern in my case. the alternative is to split the integrated R, G, and B channels, register with the Ha and OIII extracted masters, and using the combine tool to get you RGB-HOO or whatver palette you wish.

It is worth trying the all-in-one option if you want the color image, to mix all subs in a single integration, use AAD algorithm and benefit from the raw color subs, and the dual band filtered color subs all together. It works quite well or at least an interesting thing to compare to other ways or merging the data.

Clear skies

ReplyQuote
(@darknebula)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi

That is what happened to me this time both Ha and OIII extracted integrations turned up color when the initial algorithm was Ha-OIII Color instead of AAD which I had used previously and gotten mono extracted Ha and OIII integrations. I do usually separate the channels in PS but Thought APP would do a better job, I usually also do both 🙂 and see which turns up better! 

thank you  

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star

@darknebula APP mixes just fine. Note that Ha-OIII is a single color frame integration. Extract Ha and extract OIII are mono integrations and done separately. AAD cannot give you mono integrations if the lights are Bayer OSC data, so you have done something unusual I think.

You can use AAD on the color frames, then split the channels. Separately reload the filtered lights and run extract Ha and then extract OIII and then you should have 5 separate (R, G, B Ha, OIII) integrations to register, normalise and combine as you want.

There is a good tutorial video on the app site about osc data and channel mixing, it might make things clearer. 

ReplyQuote
(@darknebula)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@col Ill check that video.

thanks

ReplyQuote
Share: