Odd sharpen questio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Odd sharpen question

3 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@andybooth)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Ok, I am loving APP and getting to grips.

im just thinking through options for my post processing process.

now I know that sliders in the viewing controls are only for viewing UNTIL you save from the right hand save button.

so I assume that, say, HSL modules changes etc are on the linear data, and saving from that function does not include any stretch function etc.?

But what about this. Say you use the viewer sliders to sharpen and get a nice setting, but then turn off stretch, select no stretch in ddp settings, and save from the viewer side. would that save  a sharpened linear image (akin to other softwares linear deconvolution)?

Is this possible at all, to sharpen but save unstretched i.e linear?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Andy @andybooth,

The sharpen slider on the right side, like all sliders on the right side are part of the preview filter. So if you deselect the stretch option below the histogram and then click on save, the sharpen slider will not be applied to the saved image.

To be able to sharpen on linear data, we will provide both a deconvolution tool and a better dedicated sharpen tool going forward 😉

Mabula

Kullumm reacted
ReplyQuote
(@andybooth)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin 

Thats fantastic news sir,

Thank you indeed!

ReplyQuote
Share: