Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Bad Pixel Map

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@astrojoe)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am trying to figure out what files are needed to create a bad pixel map.  In Sara Wager's video she only uses darks and flats.  But when I try doing that I get an error message saying that a Master Flat cannot be created without an appropriate bias frame.  Or something to that effect. 

Certainly the interface has changed since Sara's video.

What is really required?

Also, if I have a OSC camera I assume I need to have the "Force Bayer CFA" box checked in the Raw/FITS settings?

Thanks.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by astrojoe

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

For a BPM you need Bias and Dark signal (preferably a long dark) and flats to be able to detect cold pixels. I'm not sure if your darks already had bias substracted or that it was changed since the video, but to be safe you can just add the bias separately.

You shouldn't have to use the force option, APP normally sees this automatically.

ReplyQuote
Share: