Bad Pixel Map for A...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Bad Pixel Map for ASI183MC

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@davloose)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

The ASI183MC (like many) has a fair amount of amp glow that shows in the darks.  I tried making a Bad Pixel Map using 30 Darks and 30 Flats, and the BPM clearly had most of that amp glow marked as hot pixels.  I used the default value of 3% hot pixels, and 10% of median for cold.  

That doesn't seem right...  Any ideas how to do that correctly?

ReplyQuote
(@ggalbch)
Main Sequence Star

Hi David

Same camera here. I leave BPM setting on automatic and have no problem with getting a clean pixel image.
You should not get any amp glow showing in your BPM - IMO
Did you use only darks and flats, not darkflats? I would try to incorporate darkflats and see what result you get.

Cheers
Georg

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Even though that does show up in the BPM, I don't think it's an issue (as far as I know..), a BPM never degrades your data, so it won't correct pixels that are not showing up in your lights basically.

ReplyQuote
Share: