APP v1.077 : Odd re...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP v1.077 : Odd result viewing some iTelescope subs in l-Calibrated mode

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Apologies for coming back with another issue quite so soon but I am seeing some odd results when I view 3 of the 19 iTelescope M1 RAW subs that I uploaded to you server just recently! 

As you can see from the below screen shots of 2 x OIII and 2 x Ha frames, all the images look very similar when viewed in Linear mode but of the total set of 19, 3 look radically different in l-Calibrated mode.  I thought  at first that this might somehow be related to the 'flip' state setting you mentioned in my previous posting but this does not seem to be the case.

Is this just a glitch with  the viewer or will miscalibration feed through into the integrated stacks?

Four l-calibrated screenshots - two good, two suspect

Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.41.44
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.41.04
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.39.32
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.39.00

Four linear image screenshots - all look quite similar

Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.44.07
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.43.27
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.44.41
Screenshot 2020 03 01 11.42.52

Regards

Mike

This topic was modified 4 years ago 3 times by mestutters

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That is very odd, almost like someone put the lights on or something. I've seen that happen at iTelescope in Spain once. 🙂 Anyway, in this case it's the calibration it seems but is very likely due to the data itself. Somehow these frames are different, it would be great if you could upload them to our server. Login/password: appuser and create a folder with your name+"iTelescopeCalIssue".

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent,

Files  uploaded as requested:

- 19 Lights

- Master Bias, Master Dark and 2 x MasterFlats

- BPM and 2 x MFs created by APP

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Mike! Either me or Mabula will check it out soon.

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

I've just downloaded v1.078 to see if this problem I reported recently while experimenting in 1.077 with some iTelescope RAW image files of Crab nebula had been resolved.    I guess the earlier report has been overlooked or regarded as a low priority, which I hasten to say is not an issue for me.

You will probably also recall this target from dealing with this earlier problem which occurred while processing the corresponding iTelescope Calibrated files:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/problem-with-register-starting-in-v1-076-beta-4/#post-9301

Anyway, I observe that 3 of the 19 RAW image files show this issue all show FLIPSTAT= 'Flip ' in the FITS header whereas the remainder all show FLIPSTAT= '    ' .   This seems a likely pointer to the trigger for the problem!

I believe I already loaded the file set for this issue to your server but can reload if needed.

Regards

Mike

Screenshot 2020 03 20 15.22.47
Screenshot 2020 03 20 15.22.19

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Mike @mestutters,

Your problem is a MaximDL problem really. You will need to report this data problem to iTelescope.net I think. Something was not done correctly due to that FLIPSTAT header tag of MaximDL.

APP can handle the flipstat tag of MaximDL, but in this case something odd happened at iTelescope I think.

You could apply the flip yourself with the Batch Rotate tool on the problematic frames  I think though...

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: