Simple mosaic resul...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Simple mosaic results in swirled areas  

RSS

(@applal)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 17, 2021 16:48  

I tried dabbling with creating a Mosaic following a video tutorial provided on your site. Excellent tutorial but results were very far off. 

So I took a different route, processed each of the two frames separately into their own respective rgb images without any stretching, just created and saved.

Then I used these two files as the lights for a Mosaic, setting all the recommended settings in the video. They actually got assembled opposite of target center! So I started trying different settings. Changing one thing at a time till at least I got the center of the object in the center! My files were of the M31 Andromeda galaxy, shot during a gibbous moon to test the mosaic function. 

While I did get the center correct, the outer edges of the galactic star disk were rendered as swirls! And this was not only significant but would not stop happening regardless of any other changes I made. 

Rather comical actually.... and probably completely noobish in some error. 

I did do some searching here in the forums for swirl, didn't find much, so asking now. What could be causing this. I am attaching a simple screenshot of the affect to keep file size down. 

Andromeda swirls

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Share: