Not enough RAM whil...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Not enough RAM while stacking multiple sessions

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hkuenemund)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I've been testing APP for a week, because with Deep Sky Stacker I always have the problem that the stars are not congruent on top of each other when stacking several nights (due to the lens distortion).

Unfortunately, my previous tests have failed due to insufficient memory and / or not enough RAM (I have set 10 GB).

I wanted to stack a total of approx. 580 pictures from two nights and drizzle the picture twice, because the object itself is very small.

In another test I left out the drizzle setting and it is currently still running (for over 20 hours now). Is it possible to stack individually every night and stack the results together again or should I always stack all lights / darks / flats / bias at once? That could be a problem for me because I wanted to stack up to 900 images.

Many thanks in advance for your help

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hkuenemund Hi Heike. Yes, you can split up the data into, say, 2 or even 3 or 4 sets and integrate those separately. Then you can load the integration results as lights (don't load any calibration files), go to tab 6 and integrate them. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yep, like Wouter mentions, with that many frames it's much better to make sub-integrations first.

ReplyQuote
(@hkuenemund)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

That sounds good.
And can I use drizzle to scale up the picture when I stack the sub-integrations, or should I already do that when I stack the individual sessions?

When I have stacked the sub-integrations, can I add any new sub-integrations to this result or should I always stack all sub-integrations again when I have a new session?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hkuenemund It shouldn't really matter when you apply it, as long as you make sure to apply it to all sub-integrations if and when you choose to do so. And yes, you can add more sub-integrations later. When adding sub-integrations to an intermediary integration, the SNR will be slightly lower than when integrating all sub-integrations again but the difference should barely be noticeable, if at all.

ReplyQuote
Share: