problem starting pr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

problem starting program

15 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi All- I haven'ty used this software for a few months. Went to open it tonight and it would not open. Windows 10 pro. Rebooted, then  uninstalled the software then re-installed beta 26, then beta 25. Was on beta 13 prior. The software opens a small windown showintg time and the step it is on. This hangs on:

setup  application window listeners

I checked windows event viewer and see nothing there. 

My other computer on windows 7 works fine. This did work last time I tried. 

Any idea what might be causing this? I tried stopping Microsoft Defender, made no difference.

George Csahanin

Crowley, TX

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi George @w2db,

I do not have a clue at the moment, maybe a new windows update is messing things up?

Is the problem still occuring, or is everything okay now?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin 

I powered down completely, rebooted and it goes one step further, now it shows license verified but still the small window, just hangs. 

GeorgeC

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Now went thru it with registry cleaner and same issue, will not get past this point.

pixl proc problem

George Csahanin

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I just found something interesting here. I un-installed the version 2 software and installed 1.083-beta4. It loads and runs tyhough have not tried to process anything. But any version 2 will not run. I had been using version 2 beta 13 before this all stopped working. So what is different between version 1 and 2? 

GeorgeC

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi George @w2db,

First of all, APP 2.0 runs on a much newer develop platform compared to 1.083. And many things were added and improved in all the 2.0 beta's.

This issue of yours does not happen on any of my windows computers and only seems to happen on a few systems. Do I understand correctly that 2.0.0-beta13 does work as well? And the versions after beta13 all won't start on your windows system?

Can you confirm that you do not have 1.083 and 2.0 installed at the same time? If you do, please remove both installations and then install the latest 2.0 beta to see if it works. The reason is that the windows registry is messed up if you install both 1.083 and 2.0 at the same time and weird things will definitely happen then I know for a fact.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin Beta-13 WAS working and stopped working. I uninstalled/re-installed and did this fro several V2 but nothing version 2 will run. It did at one time. Then uninstall and try a version 1, the latest one, it does run. Very odd

GeorgeC

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi George @w2db,

Is the issue still there? How many CPU cores does your computer have? And do you have all the latest updates in windows 10 installed? On our windows computers this issue never happens with beta28.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

The problem still exists but my work around is to use an older version 1. This computer has 4cores and 16gb ram. Not the best but the curious part is that until a couple of months ago version 2 worked fine. Might try Siril but not wanting to learn new software. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi George @w2db,

Okay, so 4 cores is also 4 threads maybe? Or does APP report 8 threads ?

I will check if there is a problem with starting up if there are only 4 threads 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear George @w2db,

Can you please try 2.0.0-beta30-test1 ?

I think this one will work properly now 😉 I noticed that startup was difficult with little cores in a system so I have made some more changes.

The old versions did not have this issue, because we have improved startup time/behaviour recently. APP will start much faster now.

https://appreleaseserver.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/2.0.0-beta30-test1/AstroPixelProcessor-2.0.0-beta30-test1-Windows-64-bit.zip

Please let me know if this solves it for your computer, thanks.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin :

I made a mistake in my last post. It is 2 cores 4 threads, Intel i5-650

I will try what you suggested in your more recent post but that may take a couple of days to get to it. 

Thanks

GeorgeC

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@w2db)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin 

OK, I tried beta30-test1

I get further with this version but still not working properly

Program loads. I entered some fit files from itelescope. When I got to integrate the program asked me to register/authenticate again and unloaded the flat files I had entered. So  entered the license information again and once again loaded the flat files. But this time at integrate the program just exited. When I tried to re-start the program this is where it just hangs:

astro proc

I'll re-install version 1.083-beta4 which did work

GeorgeC

ReplyQuote
(@adambrannon)
Hydrogen Atom

Same issue here. I get past the small startup window and then get a white, blank window where the app content should be. New install. It ran once. I added some fit files to stack. When I selected to process, the app crashed. Now will not start properly.

ReplyQuote
(@adambrannon)
Hydrogen Atom

Same issue here. I get past the small startup window and then get a white, blank window where the app content should be. New install. It ran once. I added some fit files to stack. When I selected to process, the app crashed. Now will not start properly.

ReplyQuote
Share: