Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

NullPointerException in Comet Registration

10 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Dear Mabula,

today I tried to do comet processing using APP version 2.0.0 beta 13 and got a java.lang.NullPointerException while pointing the comet during the registration process:

afbeelding

It happened twice around or perhaps even at the same image while clicking at the comet. I could not see which image it was. I had the image viewer full screen (1280 x 1048). Then I repeated the registration another time with the image viewer i partial view (approximately 800 x 600px) and the process continued happily.

Not sure if the above makes sense and is of some use, happy to do some further testing if needed.

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

The past few days I have been processing several cometary recordings and found that, even at reduced window size, the above error pops up every now and then. In the end I get everything processed, but it takes a lot more time as a result of it, while at times it is hard or even impossible to get through the registration process.

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Last update: I now have a set of 197 comet-subs that constantly fails to register using APP 2.0.0 beta 13, each time at a different sub, but mostly either at the first (sub #1) or the second occasion (sub #10), so I switched back to APP 1.083 and successfully stacked the data there.

I can provide access to my processing computer to Mabula if that is helpful (we did that before).

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, very interesting. Mabula is going to work on the comet feature, so would you mind uploading a subset of comet lights and calibration files to our server?

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent,

thanks for your response, I have uploaded 20 lights to InFINNity-Deck-cometRegisterFailure and four masters in a subfolder of that.

Please let me know if you need more lights.

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Nicolas, I've informed Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thanks @infinnity-deck,

I will have a proper look at what is happening here 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Nicolàs @infinnity-deck,

I am working on the comet processing at the moment and I was looking at your issue. With 2.0.0-beta17 I can not reproduce your issue whatever I try with selecting the comet nucleus.

Can you test with beta17 on your data and let me know if this issue still occurs or not?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@infinnity-deck)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Dear Mabula,

thanks for your new beta-version! Just now I tested it successfully on that dataset, no more nullpointer exceptions, so all is good.

kind regards,

Nicolàs

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thank you @infinnity-deck for your confirmation!

The next release 2.0.0-beta18 will have many improvements for comet processing, we are close to releasing it as well 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: