Three things that d...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Three things that drive me nuts with APP

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@ddnum)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

APP is quite user unfriendly - this is a list of three things that drive me nuts. And wastes my time. For example, this error message would go away if APP was more user friendly

APP crap

Do you know how frustrating it is to process 72GB of images over hours only to realise that you should have set the debayer setting?

1) This really, really, really drives me nuts EVERY time I use APP. It keeps asking me what folders I want to use for calibration images, temporary storage, lights. Why can't it remember what I used last time? Or at the very least provide a list of recent folders.

2) Why can't it remember my previous settings? I use a colour camera. It's default is monochrome. Often I forget to set the debayer flag. Same with the other defaults. My defaults are MORE important.

3) It's a pain, especially if I restart a lot, to have to wait for the license check at startup. How bout doing it in the background while I get on with some work?

As you can tell, I've had a bad morning. Had to let some steam off. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ddnum Sorry to see you're having a bad time. I hope you feel better now.

Your point 1 has been addressed before and will be improved when 1.083 gets released.

Your point 2 has been addressed at great length and will be the main topic of 1.084.

Your point 3 also has been addressed before. Mabula is working on a way to improve that as well.

ReplyQuote
(@ddnum)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks. I like the words "has been addressed." I'm still making mistakes but knowing that someone is listening really really helps! Maybe some hair will grow back now.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, we understand, support on other fora of whatever software can be non-existent so that makes people frustrated in general. We wanted to change that and give everyone as much support as we can, so I hope that helps making you feel a bit better. 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: