Multiple night diff...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Multiple night different camera

(@adstottyahoo-com)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

I have 8 sessions of data 4 of the nights were with a Canon T3i and the other for nights with a 294MC Pro.  

I have more than 5 sessions...what is the best work flow to handle this data?  Stack the two camera separately then integrate the two sessions?  I routinely do more than 5 sessions so this is something I'm not sure how to best to handle.

A second question...I would like to ask about comparing two different scenarios for a hypothetical 6 session integration.   If APP allowed 6 session simultaneous integration would the quality/resolution/noise be the same as stacking all 6 sessions at the same time versus stacking 5 sessions then taking that stacked image and integrating it with the 6th session?

Thanks in advance.  I'm still in the trial phase and I'm trying to figure this program out.  So far I have enjoyed the results but this 5 session limit is something I'm just starting to try and figure out before my trial ends.  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Just to be clear about sessions; you use those when you have different calibration data (and/or different data) to combine. If you use the same calibration data for a few nights, you can load them into 1 session. There is no limit to the sessions btw, you can set it to a custom number.

Then depending on the amount of data in total (e.g. 800 frames), I would split the data up into separate integrations so it stays manageable and then combine those integrations again.

Regarding the above point which goes into your second question; theoretically it's better to process everything at once. But you're limited to your system's resources and it's way faster to split the data into separate integrations first. Personally this works great for me without any real noticable issues. You can have differences in background between the two approaches, but when I then perform a nice Light Pollution correction it always turns out great.

ReplyQuote
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Thanks for the info, I just integrated 800 images (odd coincidence you chose that number) and it took over 24 hours so I think breaking it up will be the best choice.  (16 core AMD ryzen and 16GB of memory)

One final question, after I integrated those 800 frames the dimensions of the image were nearly double the scale of the subframes.  I don't think I have drizzle selected.  I have tophat hernal at 1.0 and under the integrate heading it is set to interpolation at 1.0.  My interpolation setting is Lancos3.  I don't see an option to just say "no drizzle."  having those settings for tophat Kernal and interpolation should be no drizzle...am I correct?  Or is there an option I am missing to simply say "no drizzle."  I did do LNC 1st degree 3 times not sure if that is causing the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

A doubling in scale is odd, I wonder if your registration frame (that APP picks) has that resolution? I would leave the other settings at standard at first. The LNC is what is likely taking so long for this many frames, you can try to leave that off as well, though wilt multiple sessions it can be very useful. Anyway, yes splitting it up a bit will help. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@adstottyahoo-com)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

A doubling in scale is odd, I wonder if your registration frame (that APP picks) has that resolution?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

you're correct, It looks like I accidentally selected a subframe that was actually NOT a subframe but it was a previously stacked frame that I had applied drizzle to.  I wonder if that's why the integration took so long...in addition to the LNC process.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Posted by: @adstottyahoo-com

you're correct, It looks like I accidentally selected a subframe that was actually NOT a subframe but it was a previously stacked frame that I had applied drizzle to.

In general you shouldn't select any frame as reference but leave that to APP.

ReplyQuote
Share: