MasterDark not bein...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

MasterDark not being applied

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@ctattersall)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi - apologies if I'm missing something obvious. I've been using APP for a couple of months now without issue, but suddenly, as of this morning, it appears to be not applying MasterDark, MasterFlat or MasterDarkFlat to my Lights. It appears to go through all of the steps of creating the masters from the individual dark, flat and dark flat files, but the resulting integrated image is very definitely without calibration frames applied. I've just done a simple test of stacking 40 lights captured last night with no calibration frames, then performed the same but with 25 darks loaded, and the resulting integration files are visually identical. Happy to provide screenshots, logs, files etc. if someone can help me please.

Thanks

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ctattersall)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I think I've found the cause. The Dark files I were using were from my dark library and captured using different software (EKOS) to the Lights which I captured yesterday using NINA. Looking at the FITS meta data there is a mismatch between the Focal Length and Focal Ratio that I've entered for the set-up in EKOS vs that in NINA. I took another DARK with my new set-up, using NINA this time so the meta data tags all match, and this time the masterdark was applied correctly. Interestingly APP didn't flag up any kind of error that I could see with the mismatched files.

Hope this helps someone with the same set of circumstances!

This post was modified 2 years ago by Chris Tattersall

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Great you found that out already. That's indeed a good cause for issues, which is why we advice to always use 1 program to capture data with. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
Share: