Quality score for c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Quality score for comparing different integrations

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ldipenti)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello!

I have a narrowband dataset taken with a DSLR and a L-Extreme filter. I usually integrate Ha & Oiii separately so I can then compose them back with StarTools.

I've done best 90%, 80% and 60% integrations for both emission lines. Then, cleared all loaded data from APP and re-loaded those integrations as light frames and ran "Normalize" so that they get analyzed.

What I found is that the best quality score depend on the emission line:

* For Ha: 90% best subs

* For Oiii: 60% best subs

I did this analysis because I want to get a good balance between SNR & FWHM and I think the quality score is a good relative measure of that.

So, here's my question: Would it make sense that I pick different % integrations based on the best quality scores of each emission line to get the best composite possible?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If that would make sense totally depends on your data, it sounds like you tested this already and that's the best way to judge that I think. I personally would always go for 90-100% depending on what I know the quality of the night has been, when your setup is behaving well and the nights were good enough, that always seems to work nicely. If you have data from nights with a full moon or lots of troubles, then I would probably make separate integrations.

ReplyQuote
Share: