Creating Dark Maste...

Share:

The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.

Creating Dark Master Library?  

RSS

(@whixson)
Neutron Star Customer
21/07/2019 7:40 pm  

I have a mixture of darks with different durations - 30, 60, 90, 130, and 180 seconds - and I’d like to create masters for each duration. Is APP able to sort the whole group and automatically create masters for each duration, or do I have to load and process each exposure duration group by itself?

thanks,

Wayne

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@kijja)
Red Giant Customer
27/07/2019 4:56 am  

@whixson

Hi,

Not sure if you get the solution yet. There are two approaches in creating master darks for different exposures. For the first one, I would load different duration of darks in 'multi-session processing' to create master darks for each exposure. Or, using all darks to create a single master darks and check 'scale MasterDark' on calibration step.

Clear skies,

Kijja

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
28/07/2019 9:40 pm  

Dark scaling isn't the best approach here. I would only use that if you don't have any proper darks for a certain sub-length. There is no auto-grouping yet, which would be nice indeed, so loading separately is probably the fastest or using the multi-session feature indeed.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@kijja)
Red Giant Customer
29/07/2019 9:46 am  

@vincent-mod

Thank you Vincent for correction Glad to have you back in the Forum. 

Cheers,

Kijja

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
29/07/2019 3:40 pm  

Thank you too, yes I'm glad to be back, it's a struggle sometimes with this period of moving across the world. 😉

Kijja liked
ReplyQuote
Share: