Is there an easy wa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Is there an easy way to find what subs are rotated?  

RSS

(@dmglakewood)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 25, 2020 15:43  

I have about 600 subs that I'm stacking and only a few of them seem to be rotated in a strange way. I was just wondering if there's an easy way to find out what subs are being rotated?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 25, 2020 16:15  

What do you mean with "strange"? And are you referring to rotation you see in the end-result or with just those separate frames at the start?

ReplyQuote
(@dmglakewood)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 27, 2020 17:29  

@vincent-mod Sorry for the confusion, by strange rotation I mean most of the subs are aligned the same way, but there are a few outliers that are rotated at like 30 degrees or so. It's not a huge deal, but it does cause some lines to form around the edges of the image. You can see what I mean in this image.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 27, 2020 17:48  

I can see faintly, but it looks like all stars are aligned, so that means those frames were actually having a rotation in them from the start, APP aligns them to match the rest. If you add MBB and LNC in tab 6, those lines will likely disappear.

ReplyQuote
(@dmglakewood)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 28, 2020 17:09  

@vincent-mod Right, the images were taking at a slightly different angle APP did what it's supposed to do and aligned them well. I was just wondering if there is a simple way to see what images need to be rotated more than a few degrees and remove them from integration? 

I will give your suggestion a try though, it sounds like it might not even be an issue, if APP can make them go away. As always, thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 28, 2020 17:59  

There is no need to remove those frames, that would be a waste of data. You can always use MBB and LNC and thing like light pollution correction to get the slight lines removed. And you're most welcome! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: