Integrated image do...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Integrated image doesn't have the right color - solved the canon1200D wasn't yet supported in APP 1.041, it is in 1.042

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@jarbi58)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi,

I started to use the workflow on one of my CR2 RAW image sets, taken with a modded Canon 1200D. When I look at the integrated image, the colors don't look right as if I would have choosen a wrong bayer pattern. In APP in step 0 I have set "supported" since this camera is listed. Could someone point me to the right direction ?

Thanks,

Janos

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Janos,

You are right, my mistake, I just added complete support for the Canon 1200D in the new version. I will try to upload this new version today.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-042-next-version/#post-15

For now, try to use the GBRG pattern. The 1200D is on the current downloadable version not yet supported. And the CR2 loader defaults to RGGB.

I'll give you a signal here, when you can download the new version 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jarbi58)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Mabula,

I will reprocess it then with GBRG, no problem ! I will do it again with the new version soon to see the difference,

Cheers,

Janos

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Janos,

I have already created new installers with support for the EOS 1200D, check the download section 😉

Let me know if it works with the "supported" CFA pattern. And feel free to post your results, you can attach images to your posts.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jarbi58)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi,

Just to share my first humble result with APP ;-). I have processed my Canon 1200D RAW-s with the latest version, "supported" gives the correct colors now after integration. This is a stack of 47x50s exposures with a Tokina 300mm telelens on a Sky adventurer. No calibration frames applied so far. I have done some noise reduction and removing color aberration halo's from stars in Photoshop CC.

The most effortless processing sofware I've ever seen !

St avg 1911.0s WSC 1 3.0 x 1.0 LZ3 ref StSh add sc BWMV nor AA RL noMBB St

I have some additional questions about the Tools part en finetuning details, but I should post it on the workflow subforum I suppose ?

cheers,

Janos

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Janos

Hi,

Just to share my first humble result with APP ;-). I have processed my Canon 1200D RAW-s with the latest version, "supported" gives the correct colors now after integration. This is a stack of 47x50s exposures with a Tokina 300mm telelens on a Sky adventurer. No calibration frames applied so far. I have done some noise reduction and removing color aberration halo's from stars in Photoshop CC.

The most effortless processing sofware I've ever seen !

St avg 1911.0s WSC 1 3.0 x 1.0 LZ3 ref StSh add sc BWMV nor AA RL noMBB St

I have some additional questions about the Tools part en finetuning details, but I should post it on the workflow subforum I suppose ?

cheers,

Janos

Hi Janos,

Great ! Thank you for sharing 😉

Yes, post it on workflow and I'll help you out there.

We can start with a vignetting correction or light pollution removal to remove illumination differences in the field of view.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Axel
(@axel)
Main Sequence Star

Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp

Hi Janos,

You are right, my mistake, I just added complete support for the Canon 1200D in the new version. I will try to upload this new version today.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-042-next-version/#post-15

For now, try to use the GBRG pattern. The 1200D is on the current downloadable version not yet supported. And the CR2 loader defaults to RGGB.

I'll give you a signal here, when you can download the new version 😉

Mabula

Dear Mabula,

I understand from your post that the correct pattern for a EOS1300D is GBRG. Where did you get the info?

When I upload it in Pixinsight it  reads the CR2 data and indicates "filter pattern RG/GB"

Thanks for your help

Axel

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Axel,

Indeed the correct CFA pattern for both 1200D & 1300D (or REBEL T5 & T6) is actually GBRG. 

Pixinsight uses dcraw for CR2 conversion and dcraw internally is cutting corners... APP uses the whole sensor which PI with DCRAW does not. So the reason for PI to report it as RGGB is because DCRAW has removed an uneven amount of lines from the top of the whole sensor. 

So this is basically an implementation issue induced by DCRAW, not by PI 😉

(I have written the CR2 conversion myself and have read & studied the dcraw code ... dcraw is great but it skips corners...)

Regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: