9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !
9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp
2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!
Image or dark inverted
Last night I took a series of lights and then used my library of darks for processing. However when I examined the file after integrating it seems that the darks and lights were orientated differently.
I am using the ASI294MC-Pro camera which has a distinctive 'amp glow'. Normally the darks usually remove this artifact, either totally or largely.
However on this batch it seems as though APP inverted the dark, as the light colour of the glow is still in the upper right and a dark version is on lower right.
I have changed nothing - other than the target - since my last images.
Can anyone help/advise?
Mmm, that is strange as the sensor will always have the amp-glow on the same side, no matter what orientation the camera would be in. Did you do anything, as insignificant as it may be, to the darks in between (like copying them over or loading them into something else in between)?
I think that I have got to the bottom of this.
I have been using darks from a library built up over the past months where the capture was done using ASICap - the ASI natuve software.
However recently I have been using CCDCiel for scope control and capture. It seems as though these two capture methods differ in how they present the image data.
I am currently taking a new set of darks with CCDCiel, and the APP processed image - hopefully - will be OK.
I'll let you know.
Ah, yes that could very well be the reason. Different software introduced in your workflow may influence some things. Sometimes these packages also change the data a bit, I've seen differences in which 1 package took on row and column op pixels off, probably due to the used image algorithm it uses, which gave a mismatch for APP with the darks and lights that were taken with another package.