Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP won't start

8 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

As the topic says, I'm no longer able to start APP. 🙄 

I have restarted the PC, uninstalled and reinstalled APP without any luck. I'm running Win 10 and 2.0.0-beta6.
All other programs (that I have tried) starts as normal.
Does anybody have any idea to what is going on?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That is a new one for us, what are you seeing, no UI at all or maybe just a window?

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I see nothing, absolutely nothing. 😯 
The Windows "wait circle" flashes for a split second, then nothing.
I watched the task manager when I tried to start it. Activity increases by 0,5% for a second, but no new process are created.
I don't know what to try from here. 
Edit: I forgot to mention that when I reinstalled APP it started as it normally do when installing it. But when I shut it down and tried to restart, it acted like described above.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Do you by any chance have the older installation on your machine as well? We're wondering if there is, sometimes, something going on in the registry of Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi,

I vaguely recall having a problem similar to this but I was able to start APP by directly clicking on the APP .exe file, which in my case is in \Windows\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\AstroPixelProcessor.

I assumed the path set up on the short cuts had somehow got corrupted.  Setting up a new short cut icon solved the issue.

Mike

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

There are some really strange things (to me at least) going on:

Looking in Windows settings, Apps , beta 6 is installed.
But when looking at the exe file properties, beta 4 is installed.

When removing the app (beta 6) and checking the directory, all the files are still there, including the exe file (beta 4) and every other file. It is not removed at all. It is also still present in the Start menu.

So I intend to remove everything manually and do a "clean" install of APP. I'm not competent to do anything to the registry settings. That is a black box to me.

If this don't work, I'll check the bin if I have an older version, although it seems like it is an older version being used.

@mestutters I found it where you said it would be, but unfortunately that did not help. Thanks anyway.

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

So I did, and the important part, it now works!
But there was quite a few changes happening in the file structure/locations that did not happen during an upgrade from beta 4 to 6.
APP is no longer under Aries production Start menu, but on top level as an icon.

C:\Windows\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\AstroPixelProcessor is no longer a valid path. Files are now located under

C:\Users\Helge\AppData\Local\Programs\astropixelprocessor

Maybe you should have a closer look at the installation and uninstall files? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So we think something must have gone wrong while you uninstalled beta 4 (or you didn't actually uninstall it first), that may have caused this as beta6 has changed the way how we install indeed. This should now be a thing of the past though as the new installer is better anyway.

ReplyQuote
Share: