On combine RGB tool...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

On combine RGB tool APP always shows the hydrogen alpha channel as custom.

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

When I do combine RGB in APP and I have the Ha channel, which APP figures out during loading and spits out a master file called halpha on stacking, I have to assign it as hydrogen alpha when it asks what channel I am putting in since it always shows as custom. It is almost as if APP can't read the fits header it assigns to the stacked master for hydrogen alpha channels.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @imnewhere

When I do combine RGB in APP and I have the Ha channel, which APP figures out during loading and spits out a master file called halpha on stacking, I have to assign it as hydrogen alpha when it asks what channel I am putting in since it always shows as custom. It is almost as if APP can't read the fits header it assigns to the stacked master for hydrogen alpha channels.

What filter name exactly are you using @imnewhere in your capture software? Or what filter name is present in your light frames?

APP would say it will be custom if you use a name that we have not hard coded for h-alpha recognition. It will be easy to fix for sure 😉

Mabula

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mabula-Admin

ImNewHere reacted
ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mabula-admin
Posted by: @imnewhere

What filter name exactly are you using @imnewhere in your capture software? Or what filter name is present in your light frames?

APP would say it will be custom if you use a name that we have not hard coded for h-alpha recognition. It will be easy to fix for sure 😉

Mabula

Here is the one for Ha: 2022-04-25T00-30-06_CED_90_Halpha_T-25_600s_cal.fits

Oiii and Siii are like this:

2022-04-25T00-17-42_CED_90_OIII_T-25_600s_cal.fits and 2022-05-09T23-32-28_CED_90_SII_T-25_600s_cal.fits

APP reads them as exactly what they are and assigns them without me having to select a filter. I have all of them stuck in one folder based on object, telescope, and exposure length, so all the Ha, Oiii, and Sii are selected at one time and APP knows what to assign them as.

The files that APP spits out are labeled like this:

NGC_7635-Halpha-session_1.fits

NGC_7635-OIII-session_1.fits

NGC_7635-SII-session_1.fits

That is where the problem shows up because the one labeled as ObjectX-Halpha-session_x.fits is what shows as custom. The LRGB, Oiii, and Sii all are assigned what they are. I imagine it is in the combine RGB where the breakdown happens and it is related to it being called Halpha rather than Hydrogen Alpha since Halpha doesn't show up in the picklist there.

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star

I've raised an RFC on this related topic https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/rfcs-request-for-changes/when-oiii-ha-extraction-creates-an-integration-set-filter-to-oiii-or-ha/

Essentilaly it would be good if the filter metadata is updated when creating these extracted Ha, Oiii and Sii images.

ReplyQuote
Share: