Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Solved] Trailing stars rejection  

RSS

(@sidiouss)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 31, 2020 13:08  

Hi all,

I have just checked the new feature of comet stacking with APP and it seems to work very well even with the poor dataset (faint comet over the buildings/trees).

Do you have any workflow how to acquire the image with the sharp comet and sharp stars? With the default options, comet is sharp and clear in the output image, however the stars are trailing over the picture due to the comet movement over the period of time.

Will there be any stars rejection feature to get only the comet and/or the sharp stars output to combine each other later?

Great work though, thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@sidiouss)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 31, 2020 13:38  

OK, I have watched the newest video tutorial and the answer is there - that is feature for next beta versions 😉

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
July 31, 2020 13:50  
Posted by: @sidiouss

OK, I have watched the newest video tutorial and the answer is there - that is feature for next beta versions 😉

Indeed @sidiouss,

This 1ste beta is simply only comet registration. Depending on the feedback now on this beta, the comet detection algorithm might be tweaked and we will start work now on special comet integration options to get you a result with a sharp comet and sharp stars 🙂

Thanks for your feedback !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Main Sequence Star Customer
August 1, 2020 01:06  

Would there possibly be a work flow right now where you could reduce the star count to nothing and just have the comet in the frame?

I have tried to reduce the star count from the default with no luck.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 1, 2020 11:45  

Not in this beta, this is just to test it works for everyone’s data. That feature will get here in either the full release or the one after that (it’s the most tricky one of what we need to implement).

ReplyQuote
(@possipossi-de)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
August 9, 2020 20:22  

@mabula-admin

which version will have these features? Then I will wait with my Comet processing. Got great material.

How it will behave if some foreground in the image (Mountain, Trees etc.)?

Claus

ReplyQuote
Share: