2022-01-07: APP 1.083 has been released !!!
- new Star Reducer Tool
- 15-30% speed increase in processing
- introducing Comet registration
- support for new camera models like Canon EOS R5,R6
- Greatly improved HSL Selective Color Tool
- New Batch Tools
- New File Saver Module with PNG support
Extreme areas in magenta
Can someone help me here?
Why do I have such extreme areas in magenta in my picture after the starcolor calibration? 🙁
BTW: I used a dual narrowband filter for this image, but i think this is not the problem.
Though I've not seen such an extreme result yet, it in fact is a problem to color calibrate narrowband data. The color calibration needs broad spectrum data, because it works on the assumption it sees this from the stars in the image (black body radiation). Narrowband data you need to tweak yourself regarding the color. Sometimes you can be lucky and it produces something you like, but it won't be accurate.