Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

What am I doing to cause this pattern in my integations?  

RSS

(@lite2)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 12, 2021 01:16  

I have had this happen several times. I always use APP to integrate and for some finishing in PI.

I have the worst problem with this for some reason in either S2 or O3, Ha tends to be fine.

the camera is an ASI1600mc using SGP, Gain139, OS50, 300s for all 3 filters. I use the Ha setting instead of airy disk because I intend to do SHO even though it's a OSC camera and choose "Force bayer CFA", is that the wrong way?

Asking for guidance because this has been bugging me for some time.

Grid pattern

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
September 12, 2021 13:05  

@lite2 What happens if you use Airy Disk for SII and OIII? Do you still get that pattern? Note that Ha-OIII extract Ha is intended to be used with dual band filters and certainly is not suited for OIII. For OIII you may try Ha-OIII extract OIII and see if that helps. If not then you should Airy Disk and then split the color channels manually. This can be done in tab 2. You should then combine the G and B channels for the OIII images into one mono image.

ReplyQuote
Share: