Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Combining R, G, B with Ha & OIII data using an Optolong L-eNhance filter  

Page 4 / 5
  RSS

(@jan-monsuur)
White Dwarf Customer
January 23, 2021 20:45  

This algorithm-dropdown menu shows several options. Am I right that we can call these options "debayering options"? I assume now that your answer is "yes". This debayering takes place during loading-the-frames. So we can say that APP starts the calibration process with debayered frames. Somewhere on the internet I read that debayering must be done before stacking (of course!), but after calibration! So I am amazed about this APP-approach. Can you explain this in some detail? E. g. what about the darks, and the bias-frames, and the flats? If I choose option "Extract Ha", the calibration must be done in a  way that differs from calibration-when-extract-O3 is chosen. Isn't it?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
January 23, 2021 20:51  

@jan-monsuur Debayering takes place in APP during the integration step, not before calibration.

ReplyQuote
(@jan-monsuur)
White Dwarf Customer
January 23, 2021 21:10  

@wvreeven I have reason to think that you are wrong. It is in tab "0) Raw/Fits" that you have to specify the demosaic-algorithm, which is just another word for "debayering algorithm". If you make the wrong choice there, you cannot correct thar after loading the frames!. Instead you have to start all over again to make the correct choice. So the demosaic-process, or in other words: the debayering process, takes place during loading the frames! You can see this also in the tutorial about extracting Ha and extracting O3, where it is stated that you must clean APP, OR START OVER AGAIN, after extracting the Ha, and before extracting O3.

ReplyQuote
(@astromike47)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 23, 2021 21:13  

Hello APP Group. Nice to see so many responses to my original post. I would like to ask again -  Is there anyway I can get APP to produce HA / OIII Data from a single stacked image that was taken by SharpCap " Live Capture " that was taken with l-eNhanced filter? ( understanding Sharp Cap produces a many frame stacked Image that can not be unstacked ). rgds & tnx, Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
January 25, 2021 14:24  

We've asked Mabula about this, I'm not sure to be honest, I think it'd only work when no demosaic algorithm has taken place but we'll update this when we get an answer from Mabula to be sure.

ReplyQuote
(@andyneored5)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 27, 2021 22:13  

On the same subject I have the enhance filter by doing the above will it pull more OIII out of the subs? I recently did the Rosette Nebula No OIII just HA Dominant. I would like to know how to pull more OIII out of the images.. Thanks 

ReplyQuote
(@bungle78)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 27, 2021 22:30  

@andyneored5

20210122 173743

Thats my HOO using the Lextreme and splitting the Ha OIII channels in APP. 

ReplyQuote
(@andyneored5)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 27, 2021 23:19  

Thanks for the reply. That's just what I'm after.. Was it quite easy to complete. Awesome picture Matt

ReplyQuote
(@bungle78)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 00:12  

@andyneored5 I followed a tutorial on processing Ha and OIII with a OSC it was two parts first was APP second was then how to tweak a bit in photoshop. Id of been clueless without it. 

ReplyQuote
(@mavdg)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 00:16  

@astromike47

hi, I used sharpcap as well and the way to use the live stack is to select the option that all images are also saved individually so you’ll have the option. If I recall correctly the option is selected on the tab where you select the options for live stacking. 

ReplyQuote
(@andyneored5)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 00:39  

@bungle78 Can you put a link to the videos pls matt..

ReplyQuote
(@andyneored5)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 00:40  

@mavdg Do you have the option to save individually in APP?

ReplyQuote
(@mavdg)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 10:28  

Yes, in the lower tabs , where you select the different stacking options, there is an option to save the individual images of the stack. However if an image is not added to the stack it will also not be saved.

ReplyQuote
(@mavdg)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 28, 2021 10:33  
87FACA1D 5F50 4763 957A 2BCB76AAA450

Check the yellow arrow and circle

cheers

ReplyQuote
(@johnmckay)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
February 8, 2021 00:48  

I'm using a monochrome camera, ZWO1600mm, and I've shot LRGB data as well as Ha & OIII data on Thor's Helmet. Would I use this exact same procedure to combine this data or is it different using a monochrome camera?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
February 8, 2021 00:58  

@johnmckay The part where you integrate the subs is different since you already have the data per filter so you can use the default settings in tab 0. Just load all subs in tab 1 and make sure that they get loaded with the correct filter setting. Also make sure to make flats per filter and you're set. Once you have the integrations per filter you can combine them in the same way as for a OSC with a dual band filter.

ReplyQuote
(@johnmckay)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
February 8, 2021 01:00  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@johnmckay The part where you integrate the subs is different since you already have the data per filter so you can use the default settings in tab 0. Just load all subs in tab 1 and make sure that they get loaded with the correct filter setting. Also make sure to make flats per filter and you're set. Once you have the integrations per filter you can combine them in the same way as for a OSC with a dual band filter.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@rcol)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 06:34  

Excuse this simplistic question, but this procedure implies you need (1) a set of image files with no filter, and then (2) a second set of image files collected thrpugh an L-Enhance or L-extreme filter ?? Please advise.

Is there another workflow for L- images only?

thank you/

ReplyQuote
(@rcol)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 06:35  

Excuse this simplistic question, but this procedure implies you need (1) a set of image files with no filter, and then (2) a second set of image files collected thrpugh an L-Enhance or L-extreme filter ?? Please advise.

thank you/

ReplyQuote
(@rcol)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 06:35  

thank you/

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: