Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Workflow suggestions for integrating galaxy OSC subs and monochrome L and Ha subs  

RSS

(@bobbeanbagsgmail-com)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
April 1, 2021 16:01  

Hi, I have captured OSC data from M81 (Bodes Nebula) using ASI 294MC camera and two nights of monochrome data (Luminance and Ha) using ASI 294MM.  What is the best way to combine this data and the order of operations.  I have processed the OSC RGB data no problem (although I’m not sure where to stop the processing, color, sharpening, etc before combining the mono L and Ha data) and can’t figure out settings for processing the L and Ha data.  Then I need to somehow stack the 3 images?

1. RGB from 294MC Pro
2. Ha from 294MM Pro
3. L from 294MM Pro

Any suggestions would be most helpful!  Especially how I process 2 and 3 above and how (and when I combine the data) as well as how to color correct, deconvolute, remove light pollution, etc.  thanks so much!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
April 1, 2021 17:55  

@bobbeanbagsgmail-com Hi Robert, currently it is not possible in APP do process RGB and mono data in a single integration run, especially if in tab 0 Force Debayer is enabled. So processing the RGB data in a single run was a good idea. L and Ha data can be processed together as long as you enabled multi-filter processing in tab 1. Then you can load the L and Ha images as well as L and Ha flats. APP should be able to recognize the filters automatically but it may be possible that you need to indicate those yourself.

Once RGB has been processed in the first run and L and Ha in the second, you can split the RGB channels into separate R, G and B channels. Then you need to register the images of the five channels against each other by loading all of them in tab 1 and then going to tab 4 and execute the regitration process. Then also in tab 4 you can save the registered files.

Then you can go to tab 9 and combine the registered frames. I would do as many steps as possible (light pollution removal for sure) in APP as possible. Not sure about deconvolution though since I don't know what software you will use for that. Color calibration in the RGB image before splitting the channels is a good idea as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: