Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Best practice for frames with slightly different spike positions

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

As the subject says: are there recommended settings in the integration tab, when you have frames with slightly diffrent spike positions (resulting from different sessions - and let's say these frames are about equal in number)?

Kind regards, Stephan

This topic was modified 3 years ago by schurig

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question, but I'm not aware of a specific workflow for that. APP registers star positions and usually spikes don't move between sessions, did your setup change a bit in between?

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Well, this happens, when you have to take away your cam from the scope or switch from landscape to portrait orientation. When bringing back the cam the positioning can differ slightly, only 1 or 2 degrees, thats the accuracy you ususally achieve, but unfortunatly it's visible in the spikes...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

They can differ in that sense yes, but alignment should take care of getting the exact same orientation again right? I must say I never take photo's in portrait and then landscape, I tend to try and use a similar orientation always for a target. I never saw an issue with my spikes if I did that. But I do think that if you do, it's something that needs to be solved on the hardware side.

ReplyQuote
Share: