Time Remaining Esti...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Time Remaining Estimate

5 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

It’s great to have the percent completion bar for each section of processing but if there is a way of providing a rough estimate for integration and/or total completion time?

In my case I’m a Stellina user so I’ll always have hundreds of files to process or even more. Having an idea of how long it’ll take to completion would be a great help. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting suggestion yes, but I think very hard to make anything useful out of. I can ask Mabula if that would make sense, but my guess is that it wouldn't give very useful information due to the nature of processing the data.

ReplyQuote
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Interesting suggestion yes, but I think very hard to make anything useful out of. I can ask Mabula if that would make sense, but my guess is that it wouldn't give very useful information due to the nature of processing the data.

My thinking is that there is a certain constant time factor involved at certain steps. For example, if a particular file takes, say, 1 second to analyze stars and you have 800 files (very easy as a Stellina user) you can make a reasonable estimate of 799 seconds remaining. Probably similarly in normalization after a sufficient percentage, maybe 5%, have been processed. Etc. It may not be entirely accurate but a ballpark idea would still be helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I talked with Mabula and he does actually have something like this on his list. So very accurate it can't be, but like you said, a ballpark could be possible. I'm not sure when it'll be in there though.

TurtleCat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

I talked with Mabula and he does actually have something like this on his list. So very accurate it can't be, but like you said, a ballpark could be possible. I'm not sure when it'll be in there though.

Sounds good to me. I’m sure it won’t be in the finished version being worked on but I recall reading elsewhere he has some UI work he wishes to complete later so maybe it will get put in there. 

ReplyQuote
Share: