Why APP is very slo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Why APP is very slow even on Latest Macbook M1 and M2

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@aditya_photos)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

Why whole stacking process in APP is very slow on mac-os? I have the latest Macbook Pro M1 (2020) and Macbook Air M2, 2022 (8-core CPU, 10-Core GPU). Its speed is the same even on my older MacBook pro (2015) and almost no improvement can be seen among all three. While windows version is a lot faster and even on my 10-year-old laptop which has outdated specs and its RAM is half and SSD speed is 4x less than the latest MacBook.

I wanted to use my latest MacBook for all the workflow but it's disappointing to see that I have to use my older windows laptop just for stacking. Simple background extraction took a lot more time on the Mac version as compared to the Windows version.

I am using a stable version of APP (1.083.2), not beta. Any fix? Any tweaks?

Please let me know.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, the beta version has addressed this, so if you could download and test the latest beta that would be nice to see. Download links are on top of the forum.

ReplyQuote
(@aditya_photos)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Beta Version (both M1 and x86_64 2.0.0-beta 6). After installation as you can see in the attached picture, I am stuck here for an infinite time. Nothing is happening. It's not quitting normally until I do a force quit from the activity monitor menu.

I have no idea what's going on.

Screen Shot 2022 10 25 at 1.30.41 PM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for the reply, that is indeed odd. I'll ask Mabula to test this more on his Mac as well, I'll report back.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Silly question, but did you try a restart? The M1 installation is the one you do need.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Besides that, did you fully remove APP first and then reinstall the new version? That's also a good thing to do, remove APP completely and then use the M1 installer again.

ReplyQuote
(@aditya_photos)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Yes! I removed completely and then installed. I did not use any M1 installseparatly. I will try that. Although my Macbook is latest M2, but i think M1 installer should work.

Thanks for your replies

ReplyQuote
Share: