2.0.0-beta6 not det...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

2.0.0-beta6 not detecting enough stars

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kpickett)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I love 2.0 beta 6, but it is not detecting enough stars to register.  I'm using an ASI533MC Pro with WOGT71.  I tried every possible registration setting and star detection setting, but I wasn't getting more than 50 stars, and it wouldn't register.  Then I went back to 1.083-beta2 and it detected hundreds of stars - around 1400 - and it registered just fine.  It seems like the star detection algorithm isn't working as well in 2.0.  Not sure what to do here. 

ReplyQuote
(@kpickett)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

To follow up - same issue, different data.  I was also trying to combine some old data shot with my SCT with new data shot with my refractor, and I couldn't get it to register with 2.0.  I figured that the scale was just too different to combine.  However, I thought I'd try it again with 1.083, and it worked.  So, there's another star detection problem that I found with 2.0.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That may be a great dataset for us to test on, we always try to improve the star detection and the new version actually works better for data that was very bad before. So this is new. Would you be so kind to upload like 20 lights and your calibration data to our server?

ReplyQuote
(@kpickett)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I'll do that now.  This was a quick shot of M42.  I shot 60, 30, and 10 second subs.  Same master flat and master dark flat. Different Master Darks.  I'm re-running the process with APP 2.0.0 beta6 to see which ones didn't register.  The 60 seconds mostly registered.  Most of the shorter subs did not.  They all registered with 1.083.

I'll upload them in a few minutes.  Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
(@kpickett)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Just finished uploading them.  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks a lot Kyle! I'll pass it on to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
Share: